Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software program Sage to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Report directly to Controller.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws especially for USA (North Carolina, California, Kentucky, Colorado, Illinois)
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Familiarity with all bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- 3 years’ experience in Accounting work experience
- Diploma Degree in Accounting is an asset