- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Niagara, Ontario, Canada
extractX (www.extractx.com) designs, builds, and operates industrial-scale mobile extraction laboratories. Our team installs these purpose-built, self-contained labs at our customer’s facilities, and manages the entire process for them.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting directly to the COO, the Project Engineer is responsible for the design of mechanical support systems of the mobile extraction systems, ensuring compliance with both project specifications and industry standards. The Project Engineer also assists in the development and improvement of engineering processes and best practices and supports the business development group. This role has responsibility for quality, process and the high standards our customers expect.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide up front technical support on the specification and design of mobile extraction systems.
• Assist in the preparation of technical proposals & submissions including; review of client specifications, development of proposal drawings and preparation of initial design documentation.
• Responsible for the specification & design of packages from project handover to completion, providing technical support throughout.
• Takes lead on vendor related issues including generating specifications and evaluating bids to ensure the equipment is properly integrated into the project.
• Design and integration of piping, instruments, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, wire, conduit, and control systems.
• Develop and implement control systems (drawings, technical data sheets, control philosophies, reference calculations, etc.).
• Coordinate preparation of all calculations required to substantiate design
• Generate factory witness test procedures and associated test documentation in line with project specifications and industry standards.
• Develop site acceptance test procedures and associated test documentation in line with project specifications. Attend client and supplier design meetings as required throughout project cycle, from pre-sales to project completion.
• Where necessary, provide onsite supervision and technical assistance during project installation.
• Prepare package for design registration.
• Direct supervision of design engineering resources and external resources.
Knowledge and Skills
• Professional Engineer in good standing
• Minimum of five (5) years in a Mechanical Engineering position
• Knowledge of fluid transfer systems, ventilation systems, material selection, project management principles, electrical distribution systems and components, electronic control systems and components
• Ability to interpret and generate technical design documentation eg, drawings, technical data sheets, control philosophies, equipment schedules, design calculations
• Ability to communicate professionally in interactions with both clients and suppliers.
• Ability to manage time effectively, working on multiple concurrent projects, ensuring design documentation is produced in line with project and quality requirements
• Experience with Pharma an asset
• MS Office and MS Project skills
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software, specifically AutoCAD, and SolidWorks
• Able and willing to travel abroad to witness Site Acceptance Testing
• Working knowledge of CSA, UL, and International standards
• Strong analytical & mathematical skills
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• People oriented
Extent of Public Contact
• Site personnel
• Able to perform in a fast paced environment
• Site visits to installations, will involve typical construction site activities and will require access to equipment via ladders and scaffolding