Director of Accounting
The Director of Accounting is responsible for leading the accounting and reporting function for all corporate entities with a focus on general accounting, inter-company transactions and allocations, billing/collections, payable/payments, labour/compensation/pension and capital assets. Also, has overall responsibility for maintaining financial budgets for the various departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Business Development, Investors Relations, etc.). This position is a key subject matter expert and contact for government agencies and securities administrators. They will have involvement in business development activities (due diligence) and responsible for the integration of any acquired entities within the company.
- Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing continuous improvement changes.
- Prepare for and cooperate with the audit process.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Manage accounts payable, receivables, payroll, benefits, government remittances, staff expenses so as to ensure accuracy and timeliness and to monitor cash flow.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margins by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing returns and recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Three to six years of relevant post-graduate accounting experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Working knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standard a must
- Experience with public company reporting and regulatory controls a plus
- Accounting management experience
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Experience with Global taxation both personal and corporate
- Proficient with technological tools including network-based Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other Accounting ERP Software.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
Expected Start Date: January 17, 2022